WTS Energy is seeking a Mechanical Engineer (Fire Fighting & Fire Alarm Systems) to work for an EPCM phase of the Hospital Building project.
The successful candidate Must have experience in hospital FF&FA design; he/she will be responsible for the design development throughout all the project design phases. During the Engineering and Procurement phase, he/she will be based in Abu Dhabi with the requirement to travel to Iraq (Basra region) on business trips from time to time for meetings with the Client and site visits.
- Prepare documents and reports for the client, such as FF and FA systems design progress reports, design review reports, and any other document related to the design and development of the project’s FF and FA systems.
- Work collaboratively with the design consultant and project team, internal departments, outside agencies, and stakeholders to execute project design in coordination with all applicable FF and FA systems standards, codes, guidelines, regulatory requirements, and project requirements.
- Expert knowledge of FF and FA system design and construction of Hospitals and Health Care facilities, ability to provide technical expertise support for the project’s FA and FF systems.
- Plan FF and FA system maintenance procedures and protocols related to the hospital’s FF and FA system functional requirements and periodic testing of FA performance.
- Plan the training procedure of the hospital’s engineers and technical staff for the operation and functional monitoring of all FF and FA systems.
- Plan and organize FF and FA system and related facilities testing and commissioning during hospital handover, including acceptance testing protocols, quality control procedures, and FF and FA system certifications.
- A University degree in Mechanical Engineering or a relevant degree
- Minimum 15 years demonstrable experience in designing and planning FF and FA systems and at least five years’ experience in FA and FF systems related to Health Care facilities.
- Experience in Large scale hospitals is a must.
- Experience in commissioning, regulation, and acceptance testing of FF and FA systems.
- Ability to cooperate and work with the design team.
- Experience with related standards and international guidelines.