Website WTS Energy
May 18, 2023
Lead Electrical Engineer – (Power plants design)
The Lead Electrical Engineer – Power and Protection will be part of a team providing Project Management Consultant (PMC) support to the Client for the EPC contract for the oil field Power Plant. The role requires a Lead Electrical Engineer with experience of power plant projects and general electrical design, and with experience of working in a PMC role.
1. Design Review: Review and approve engineering designs performed by the EPC Contractor for electrical and power generation and distribution systems.
2. Drawings and Documents: Review and approve various electrical drawings, such as lighting systems, small power and earthing systems, HV/MV/LV single-line diagrams, wiring and control schematic diagrams, AC/DC distribution panels, arrangement drawings, and cable layouts.
3. Design Reviews: Participate in design reviews with EPC Contractor, provide inputs and advice on technical design and compliance requirements, and ensure work aligns with project specifications and quality standards.
4. Documentation and Analysis: Review load lists, power system studies, equipment layouts, area classifications, sizing calculations, schematics, specifications, data sheets, requisitions, and technical bid analysis.
5. Safety Reviews: Participate in project safety reviews as required.
6. Engineering Tasks: Perform routine and complex engineering tasks within the electrical discipline using current technology, standards, calculation software, and cataloged products.
7. Electrical Modeling: Experience with electrical modeling and analytical software (e.g., ETAP or EasyPower) for power systems and transmission line studies.
8. Technical Problem Solving: Provide technical advice and solutions to diverse technical problems within the electrical discipline.
9. Coordination: Coordinate with other disciplines during all project stages, including design development, construction, pre-commissioning, and start-up.
10. Construction and Start-up: Familiarity with electrical construction techniques, installation practices, and plant start-up requirements.
11. Equipment Testing and Approval: Witness and approve Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) and Site Acceptance Tests (SAT) for major electrical equipment.
12. Spare Parts and Consumables: Review spare parts and consumables lists provided by EPC Contractor and Vendors.
13. Site Support: Provide electrical engineering inputs, advice and support during construction, pre-commissioning, and commissioning stages as required.
14. Commissioning Support: Verify that commissioning and start-up requirements are reflected in engineering documents and participate in commissioning planning where required.
15. HSE Compliance: Adhere to the company’s health, safety, and environmental policies, procedures, regulations, and objectives within the scope of responsibility.
Qualifications and Experience Required
1. Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
2. Minimum 15 years’ experience
3. Experience in a PMC role
4. Experience of GTG Power Plant Projects
5. Experience with electrical modeling and analytical software (e.g., ETAP or EasyPower) for power systems and transmission line studies.
6. Understanding of protective devices and coordination techniques
7. Experience of working in multicultural workplace.
8. Good communication skills to effectively engage with internal teams, EPC Contractor and Client.