WTS Energy is seeking to hire IT Infrastructure Team Lead for one of its client who is a reputed oil and gas operator.
- To plan, organise, define, lead, and manage staff and overall operations to ensure the stable operation of the Company’s Information Technology (IT) Infrastructure. This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimising key functional areas, particularly Network Infrastructure, Server Infrastructure, Security Infrastructure, Data Communications, Backup Strategies, Disaster Recovery Strategies and Telecommunications Systems.
- Accountable for the provisioning, availability, security, planning and maintenance of all Infrastructure Services while ensuring compliance with existing processes and policies.
Number of Direct Staff: 5
Key Result Areas (Key Accountabilities)
- Accountable for the availability, reliability, and uptime of all Infrastructure Services.
- Responsible for the infrastructure architecture design including cloud services.
- Responsible for license compliance across all Infrastructure Services.
- Responsible for delivering and maintaining the strategic technology roadmap to ensure that the delivery of services meets the business requirements.
- Schedule and direct activities to resolve hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion per our Standard Operating Procedures.
- Manage and maintain an effective Disaster Recovery Strategy through testing and drills. Ensure that the business data integrity is protected and always maintained.
- Conduct feasibility studies for various upgrade projects and improvement initiatives.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for infrastructure administration and project management.
- Test server performance and provide server performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining Server Infrastructure.
- Perform periodic risk assessments and initiate risk control strategies.
- Assist with the planning and deployment of infrastructure security measures.
- Prepare reports for upper management detailing the status of all ongoing operational activities and projects.
- Degree in Engineering / Computer Science / Information Security / Information Management Systems or related field.
- Microsoft Certified Professional preferred.
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer preferred.
- Certifications in Cisco Certified Network Associate CCNA preferred.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) V3 or V4 Certified.
- Certifications in Linux preferred.
- 5 – 10+ year’s experience in system architecture design.
- 5 – 10+ year’s experience managing an infrastructure team.
- 3+ year’s experience in cloud services including O365 and Azure.
- Experience in delivering agile, business focused technology improvements.
- Strong Project Management and Project Delivery experience.
- Experience in IT Customer Service and Service Delivery using agreed SLAs.
- Oil and Gas industry experience preferred but not essential.
- Practical hands-on delivery essential, not only to be the team lead.
- Ability to make sound and logical judgments.
- Application support experience with Windows, SQL, and Linux
- Understanding Microsoft system management tools and systems.
- Understanding of process/industrial control networks or Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) networks.
- Strong communicator to both technical and business users.
- Demonstrate an ability to plan and prioritise work schedules.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of important market trends in the IT Industry.
- Ability to always pay attention to details and encourage team members to do same.
- Ability to Implement IT continuous improvement programs.
- Effective in coaching and mentoring skills.
- Risk assessment and risk management.
- Must be very security conscious and do all it takes to avoid sensitive data leaks.