GM ASSET DEVELOPMENT
- Provide leadership for cross-functional development, technical, and integrated production operations team. Provide technical and operational assurance and guidance to the activities of Petroleum Engineering, Geosciences, Well Engineering, Production Engineering, and Capital Projects in delivering work programs and sustaining business value.
- Responsible for the hydrocarbon portfolio (maturation & management) strategy – maturing and maximizing the value-adding exploitation of the portfolio through organic growth and or acquisition.
- Provide leadership for oil and gas field development studies, planning and execution, and value realization process.
- Ensure the development of and implementation of the short, medium, and long-term appraisal and development plans to extend the life of fields/assets.
- Provide leadership for annual reserves evaluation and reporting activities for company.
- Accountable for technical risk framework, assuring technical and processes through pro-active audits/reviews.
- Develop and implement mitigation strategies to effectively manage and mitigate these risks.
- Provide leadership for and drive company`s gas commercial strategy formation and monetization process, leading to executable/bankable commercial agreements and flares down.
- Lead and manage the periodic/quarterly business performance review and reporting activities. Prepare business messages for QBRs, Board Meetings, etc. Prepare and present detailed technical and performance reports to company leadership, providing a clear understanding of the status of operated assets and non-operated ventures.
- Drive an integrated strategic planning process across the business; integrated activity planning, ensuring crossfunctional alignment in delivering overall corporate objectives.
- Deploy business and competitive intelligence insights to advise on current energy business trends and guidance/input into new business development/ventures. Keep abreast of related developments, M&A opportunities, and new technology within the oil & gas industry.
- Support the value realization from company`s non-operated assets as a subject matter expert by providing opinions and challenges based on the review of FDPs, business plans, etc. Drive value assurance from JV relationships, ensuring adequate technical representation to value realization.
- Conduct comprehensive technical evaluations of non-operated ventures to inform decision-making processes and strategic direction. Provide technical expertise to support project teams and ensure efficient execution.
- Provide analytical support to acquisitions, divestitures, or other development projects. Assist in performing due diligence for new venture opportunities, mergers, acquisitions, divestment, and deal-making opportunities.
- Champion and lead people capability development (talent succession pool, leadership, performance management) for the technical and operations team. Additionally, provide coaching and mentoring to ensure sustained talent supply and capability for the entire company.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, identifying opportunities to enhance technical processes and outcomes.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with governmental officials, regulatory agencies, and JV partners to stay abreast of political, legislative, and commercial events that may impact projects and the company’s overall image.
- Represent the company externally as a technical expert with government, partners, and industry. Ensure regulatory compliance. Liaise with JV partners to align the company’s interest with external expectations and to seek to influence those parties as required.
- Manage Technical business planning-related communication between COMPANY & external stakeholders. Maintain knowledge and ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of the various operating agreements.
- Single-point accountability for managing JV communications and ensuring all technical queries from JV partners are addressed appropriately and timely.
- Represent COMPANY in technical business planning and work program-related dealings; with regulatory authorities (DPR) and JV partners in a manner that will uphold/protect the company’s corporate image and achieve business objectives. Review all departmental reports and presentations for external stakeholders.
REQUISITE QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or geosciences; Masters in relevant discipline will be an advantage.
- Work experience: 18+ years in E&P, preferably with demonstrable green field development and brownfield redevelopment/management capabilities, with 8+ years in a management role.