Job Description for Sr. Electrical engineer
The company is one of the world’s largest independent commodities trading houses by turnover.
Several major projects are being planned, including:
- Ammonia storage facilities
- A HVO unit for the production of renewable diesel and aviation fuel
- A hydrogen purification unit (PSA) and LPG recovery facilities, and
- Several modifications to existing facilities.
All projects are in the FEED phase and site preparations have started. He/she will participate in the project teams during the FEED, the detailed engineering, the construction, mechanical completion, the commissioning and start-up phase of the projects. He/she is responsibility for high quality electrical engineering deliverables, prepared by the engineering contractors during FEED and Detail Engineering and reviews key vendor documents. The sr. electrical engineer will be responsible for all aspects of the electrical designs, identifies & resolves non-compliances and works with others to resolve Electrical issues.
Position Title: Sr. Electrical engineer
Country of employment: The Netherlands
Working Options: Full time – at the refinery
Starting Date as soon as possible
Place in the Organization: Project Team Major Projects
Reports to: Engineering manager and Project Manager
Language: Fluent in English and Dutch (both verbally and in writing)
Work Location: Rotterdam-Europoort.
length: Until end 2027
Position Description: As a member of the Project team, he / she contributes to the maturing the projects and provide discipline expertise. The selected person will be responsible:
- Review and approve project documents.
- Assuring consistent application of standards and manages the control of any justifiable deviations.
- Liaise effectively with other functions (Projects, Project Services, HSE, legal, Maintenance and Operations, e.g.).
- Accountable for the quality of technical work and for the technical integrity, constructability, functionality, safe operation and reliability of designs.
- Support electrical engineers of Engineering Contractors and Construction Contractors.
Key activities and accountabilities will include:
- Establish a safety-first culture to the project.
- Provide Engineering and Construction expertise.
- Ensuring delivery to agreed quality standards, schedule and cost.
- Build an excellent relationship and interface with OWNERs project
team and design/construction contractors.
- Manage support with respect to HSE, Design Reviews, Quality Assurance and Control.
- Implement the relevant engineering standards, capture lessons learned through pre- and post-project reviews, implement quality, and provide specialized technical support to projects and also to operations and maintenance.
- 15+ years engineering and Brownfield/Greenfield work experience.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or related fields.
- Applied Knowledge of Dutch and European Norms.
- Thorough knowledge of projects and his discipline within engineering
- Manage and support electrical engineers of Engineering Contractors.
- Manage and support of Electrical installation contractors.
- Good communication skills and aptitude for taking initiatives are essential.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Working experience on the entire project life cycle (from conceptual design through to final commissioning and handover).
- An HSE driven mindset.
- Good people management.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Good knowledge of policies, procedures and best practices in the areas his/her discipline.
- Good planning skills.
- Good negotiation skills.
inclusiveness We fully support the Diversity and Inclusiveness and will ensure these are adhered to during the selection process.
Page 1 of 1