WTS Energy is seeking to hire Business Planning Specialist role for one of its client who is a reputed oil and gas operator.
To facilitate the progression of Company capital projects through the sanctioning process, ensuring that Corporate standards defined in the Opportunity Development Process (ODP) are met and that the ODP System is updated as opportunities are progressed.
Key Result Areas (Key Accountabilities)
- Coordinate projects progression through the Opportunity Development Process (ODP), ensuring gates and documents requirements are met and project details are captured in the ODP system
- Liaise with Engineering, Development, Operations (ENG/DEV/OPS) to ensure projects compliance with ODP and Finance processes and ensure consistent standard across all projects
- Coordinate ODP meetings and issue meetings minutes, coordinate and review meetings presentations; collate, prepare and review ODP deliverables.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders to ensure ODP procedures are in line with business needs
- Coordinate the Gate four (4) and Gate five (5) meetings to ensure timely project closure and performance appraisal
- ODP System Management
- Act as focal point / super-user / system admin for the ODP System and liaise with Information Technology (IT) department to resolve issues and manage updates
- Ensure the ODP system approval workflow is in line with the approved Opportunity Development Process procedures
- Support the continual improvement of the ODP system through data integrations with other systems
- Liaise with ENG/DEV/OPS to ensure projects status is effectively reflected in the ODP system
- Develop, update and issue reports to provide Management with insights on projects progression and overall business activities
- Support Business Process documentation, with particular reference to the development and execution of Company standards, policies and procedures. 12. Collect requirements, coordinate changes implementation / and approvals to ensure the accuracy of process documentations across all applicable processes.
- Support business process mapping, improvements and re-engineering within the Company.
- Helping to continuously improve tools and working practice to ensure the most appropriate way / tools are applied to process excellence initiatives.
- Meetings Facilitation / Coaching
- Facilitate effective ODP and Business Process workshops and meetings.
- Ensure that ODP meetings are well organised and contain informative and relevant presentations.
- Ensure actions are captured and minutes are appropriately circulated and filed.
- Maintain project database of all projects in the ODP process along with key Business metrics.
- Prepare periodical report that reviews all projects for management reporting.
- Prepare high level project schedules for integrated planning as required.
- Support data collection and build-up of management presentations, as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree/Bachelor of Technology strongly preferred.
- Experience Profile:
- 5+ years post-qualification experience in Business Planning, IT and/or Project Control. Upstream Oil Industry knowledge a distinct advantage.
- Experience in setting up business process mapping and business process reengineering.