We are seeking an experienced Water Well Driller to work out of the company’s home office which is located about 95 miles west of Minneapolis, Minnesota. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering drilling projects ranging from 2” & up to 16” wells, plastic & steel, in glacial drift or bedrock. As a drilling expert you will supervise all other personnel on site and communication with property owner, driller’s helper & office staff to ensure timely and professional completion of drilling projects. You will also be responsible for maintaining the trucks, drilling equipment, mechanics, safety regulations, paperwork & logbooks. Because more wells are located in urban areas, you will have to travel to remote locations daily and spend time outdoors, and instead of a typical 40-hour week and 9 to 5 hours, work is performed until the job is complete. The work is loud and dirty and so you must be physically fit to use the large equipment. You must also have good customer service skills to interact with customers.Typical Tasks:
- Review client requirements and proposed locations for water wells
- Operate water well drilling rigs and other equipment to drill, bore and dig for residential, commercial and industrial water wells and install well screens, casings and other well fixtures
- Perform routine mechanical maintenance work on water well drilling rigs and equipment
- Install, test, maintain and repair water well pumps, piping systems and equipment
- Perform pumping tests to assess well performance
- Provide other drilling services, such as repair or dismantling of the existing water well structure
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Must have good sales skills and make sure the customer is happy before you leave the yard.
- Know state codes on how to construct wells, to include isolation distances & grouting requirements
- Abide by safety and personal protective and equipment policies & procedures.
- Always wear a seat belt and never talk or text on a cell phone when driving.
- Attend regularly scheduled safety meetings and report all unsafe conditions to your Supervisor.
- Pre-trip inspects in AM and post-trip inspects at end of every day.
- Replace used equipment on vehicles at end of each day.
- Ensure customer’s property is left in clean and professional condition
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to speak, read and understand English
- Lift or move up to 100 pounds
- Clean MVR. Valid Driver’s License with CDL Class A (preferred) or CDL B License
- Current medical card approved
- Ability to obtain air brake, tanker and HAZMAT endorsements
- Ability to obtain state drilling license