For one of our clients we are looking for a Software Engineer who will be responsible for the continuous improvement and innovation of software solutions related to the charging of Electrical vehicles.
Our client offers flexible, scalable technology solutions for electric vehicles. Their electric vehicle charging stations support the adoption and growth of low-emission e-mobility in over 20 countries worldwide.
- Innovate and improve all software solutions related to Electrical Vehicle charging
- Understand the implications of software designs and ensure the continuous improvement and development of software designs
- Ensure efficiency by using the best software development practices
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Keep uptodate with the latest developments and changes in the growing market of Electrical vehicles
- Participate or lead customer integration and test activities (both on charger-to-vehicle as on charger-to-control center)
Deeper description for what we look for:
- The development of software for new applications and product enhancements. Developed rugged and reliable software for products that will be in relative harsh based operating environments.
- Development of software in Embedded C/C++ Linux. Produced and implemented functional software solutions.
- Worked with engineering management to define software requirements and take the lead on operational and technical projects. Developed high-quality software design and architecture.
- Identified, prioritized and executed tasks in the software development life cycle
- Developed tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code. Automated tasks through appropriate tools and scripting. Reviewing and debugging code.
- Performed validation and verification testing. Collaborated with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products. Documented development phases and monitor systems
- Ensured software is up-to-date with latest technologies. Extensive experience in software development, scripting and project management.
- Experience using system monitoring tools (e.g. New Relic) and automated testing frameworks Knowledge of selected programming languages (e.g. Python, C++) and the Java/J2EE platform.
- Integration, testing and support experience with OCPP Protocol (Open Charge Point Protocol), integration, debug and testing
- Experience with vehicle communication and testing of Mode-4 protocols (CHAdeMO & CCS)
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB). Familiarity with various operating systems (Linux, Mac OS, Windows)
Are you a Software Engineer in a similar industry who is looking for a new challenge, please forward us your application.
- Bsc or MSc in Software Engineering
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Software Engineer in a similar industry
- Experience working with different programming languages
- Experience with OCPP (Open Charge Point Protocol), integration, debug and testing
- Experience with Mode-3 and Mode-4 (CHAdeMO & CCS) charging protocols and standards.
- Strong analytical skills and possess an eye for attention to details
- Good written and communication skills in English
- Possess problem solving skills
- Ability to work in Amsterdam as work place
- Flexibility and ability to travel within Europe as job requires