For one of our clients, Hunt Oil, we are looking for an Operations Superintendent.
The Operations Superintendent oversees the safe and effective management of the Company’s new well drilling operations from both field and office as needed. The Superintendent is responsible for planning and executing the drilling program and subsequent testing and completions activity. This position will be proactive in protecting the organization’s assets and resources by communicating with the operations manager, Romania Based and Head office engineers, and the rig site personnel to ensure safe and cost effective operations.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare rig tenders and lead rig inspections for selection.
- Plans, directs, and provides general supervision in drilling operations including the preparation and communication of the forward plan.
- Manage drilling operations efficiently to minimize non-productive time and optimize expense.
- Optimize assets, equipment, and supervision of the execution of the activities.
- Verify drilling equipment, spares/consumables on site are maintained at an appropriate level.
- Review daily reports and give guidance on drilling and completions problems.
- Ensure all required reports are prepared completely, accurately, and transmitted promptly.
- Develop process improvements and efficiencies.
- Responsible for EHS oversight and implementation during operations.
- Provide input to well design and the drilling program and completion programs.
- Formulate specifications and communicate regularly with contractors and service providers.
- Schedule/expedite deliveries and resolve shortages or late deliveries, as necessary.
- Plans, coordinates and participates in meetings with suppliers, contractors and user groups.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from a recognized university, or equivalent experience.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, fluency in Romanian and English.
- Strong team player with a proven track record of results, leadership and management.
- More than 10 years of experience in the Exploration and Production area of the oil and gas industry and in the area of drilling and completions operations.
- Strong planning/organizational skills, meeting targets on time, with a keen attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills – proficient with MS Office Suite.
- Data analysis and problem identification and resolution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills to obtain data from multiple sources and understand accuracy.
- This individual embraces the core values of commitment to excellence, honesty, integrity, and respect for the individual, teamwork and creativity.