In addition to Operations Representative duties the Operations manager will be responsible for Operations representative’s service delivery, compliance of the company HSSE, Ethics, all company policies and guidelines and corporate standards. Support Port Manager with operational statistics and information and be a direct support staff for operations representatives.
The position has responsibility to oversee, coordinate and implement all activities for vessels while in port to include boarding and husbanding vessels under minimal supervision; Determine and carry out necessary arrangements and coordination prior to the vessel’s arrival and after the vessel’s departure to affect a smooth and efficient turnaround. This is a full time position with benefits and mileage reimbursement. Must be able to work a flexible schedule due to ship call volumes and routines as required. Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- Log customer calls in Sales Force, checking in on a vessel coming or that just departed and getting feedback on the agent’s service delivery.
- Closely monitor service delivery of agents and enter compliments received in Sales force as well as CAR along with port manager. Write up agents as needed for complaints and or mistakes that need to be avoided in the future.
- Monitoring and managing boarding reps schedules to efficiently monitor overtime rates as well as vacation time, weekend duty, so we are not left short staffed.
- Compliance of boarding staff’s vessel files as per audit standards. Take a large part in preparing for yearly company audit.
- Commercial Focus: Identifying potential principals that call our port that we don’t handle. Provide data to commercial team in order to get additional business for our office. Engage the boarding staff on these reports as well, maybe they have intel that can be provided to us to approach a potential client.
- Monitor prefunding for vessels and ensuring prefunding is requested and received prior to a vessel departing for these that apply.
- 4 years of College education, or minimum High School with 2 years relevant experience substituting for each academic year
- Minimum 1 year of maritime related industry experience
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel & Outlook
- Able to operate in adverse outdoor conditions, climb ship’s gangways and lift 40 Lbs