Project Engineer Role Purpose:
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with Line Management.
- Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; assigning personnel to phases and elements; reviewing bids from contractors.
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
- Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.
- Controls project costs by approving expenditures; administering contractor contracts.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains project data base by writing computer programs; entering and backing up data.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• B.S. degree in Engineering and 10 years project engineering, management experience or equivalent combination of training and experience are necessary. • Registered or eligible for registration with a recognized professional association (COREN, NSE.); • 10+ years of oil and gas industry experience in operations, engineering and project evaluation; • Strong track record of successfully completed projects in the oil and gas industry;