Direct & supervise a team of instrument/control engineers providing expertise and ensure the application of correct standards in the design and development of projects associated with gas processing, production and export.
Full involvement in the P &IDs development, instrumentation package deliverables, and control system architecture.
Assist in the process hazard analysis and level of protection analysis.
- Review and approve instrument data sheets and the as built drawings in liaison with the site-based construction, operations and maintenance personal.
- Review and approve the project functional design spec., DCS system design drawings, database and construction procedures, including; DCS control schemes, Instrument functional diagrams, loop diagrams, assignments, etc..
- Review and approve the systems integration development, ensure safe, economic and technically sound decisions related to area of responsibility during EPC phase.
- Review & approve FAT and SAT procedures and attend the Testing the control systems during FAT and SAT test.
- Follow up with the EPC contractor the construction planning and progress on daily basis.
- Working on the definition and execution of instrumentation scope of work, man-hours estimates, manpower loading and schedules updates.
- Support the effort of resolving the pending and punched items during project stages.
- Review and approve the process logics as per the project specifications.
- Provide on-site inst./control engineering consultation during construction, pre-commissioning & commissioning stage. Witness and sign off construction activities as completed, including loop functional checks, pre-commissioning and commissioning of the new systems.
- Contribute to the development and preparation of the project budget through providing technical engineering inputs to ensure that the project’s requirements are met in timely and efficient manner in accordance with management expectations,’
- To participate in the budget preparation and carefully follow up the activities budgeted for the year and work out plans and schedules for timely execution within the year.
- Includes monitoring expenditure against budget through review of monthly expenditure reports and follows up with subordinates to prepare appropriate justifications for significant budget variances.
- Prepare and disseminate reports on a regular and ad hoc basis to ensure that all concerned parties are aware of the status of the work in progress of the projects undertaken in the plant from an engineering and technical perspective.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 12 years’ experience in all aspects of Project Control domain for implementation of Major projects for oil and gas industry, with at least 8 years in a Senior Supervisory level.