|Performance Areas of the Function
implementation of HSE Policies
- Design, review and amendment of the HSE policies and the safety management system.
- Implement the policies and procedures into the various departments; Marine Department, FOTT, Operations, Engineering, Projects and general departments.
- Develop and implement contractor management for 3rd party contractors
- Develop and review the departments emergency response plan(s)
- Advise the HSE Manager on strategic issues in relation to HSE developments
|Monitoring & compliance
- Carry out spot checks on HSE compliance within Port of Fujairah Including certification of personnel, 3rd party personnel, equipment etc. and take necessary actions to rectify unsafe situations and behaviour.
- Prepare reports on spot checks results and keep adequate register of unconformities with legal requirements and HSE policies.
- Discuss results of monitoring and enforcement with operational department management
- Takes proportionate corrective measures if necessary
- Prepare monthly and annual reports on HSE performance to senior management
- Investigate incidents and accidents and report
|Operational HSE support
- Advise management on operational and tactical safety issues to guarantee the required level of safety and environmental protection without hampering the business unnecessary.
- Take, in cooperation with responsible line management, decisions in disputes, unforeseen events etc.
- Build up good working relationship with contractors, various terminal HSE departments etc to ensure 3rd party compliance and smooth operations.
| HSE Education & training
- Develop and conduct HSE trainings for internal personnel and induction training for contractors etc.
- Coach HSE Officer in their development
- Develop and conduct emergency response drills
- Prepare training and drill schedule requirements for HSE training, emergency response training and drills
- Support the emergency response organisation with expert operational knowledge on HSE
- Assess spills on land or water and advises on remedial actions
- Co-ordinate the day to day operation of the (Sr.) HSE Officers team
- Ensure optimal deployment of personnel and resources in the team
- Coach and develop ( Sr.) HSE officers in their work
- Assess the capabilities, working attitude and development of the (Sr.) HSE officers in the appraisal of the (Sr.) HSE Officers