|The Field Service Technician is responsible for field service applications, system diagnostics, pump commissioning, fire pump commissioning and other service related functions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide pump start up, supervised start-up, commissioning, and re-commissioning services to end users and sales channel partners for the company’s pumps and fire systems.
- Provide system diagnostics, analysis and recommendations as required by customers.
- Provide technical expertise to end-users.
- Develop innovative ideas for the growth of parts and service business through service related activities.
- Perform field diagnostic service such as laser alignment and vibration analysis.
- Provide in-depth support to sales for the key accounts program including the development of site survey formats, economic justifications for new equipment, etc.
- Provide technical sales support as required from time to time to key account customers.
- Perform repair, start up, installation and removal of all product lines.
- Provide training to end users as required by contractual agreements.
- Play a key role in the development, creation and production of Service training programs.
- Provide a source of general technical and business advice and guidance, specific and general to Management team that is specific to field service.
- Provide knowledge and expert advice to Service department and co-workers.
- Maintain a professional image to reflect the company in the best possible light.
- Participate in sales opportunities as required by management.
- Document service visits with written trip reports & visual evidence as necessary.
- Promote and advocate the company’s products and services as situations permit.
- Perform work, promote teamwork and communicate in conjunction with our culture and corporate standards (Safety/Environmental, Quality, Continuous Improvement, Communication, Internal Controls, etc.).
- Report leads for future service opportunities based on contacts with end users
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Education and Experience:
- Computer literacy essential on all normal Office applications.
- Knowledge of the company’s business systems is preferred
- Product knowledge and experience with hydraulics and pumping systems to a very high level is required.
- Must be able to hold a valid Passport
- Must be able to travel up to 75% to Asia and some countries in Africa along with some domestic locations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a technical subject preferred.
- 5+ years relevant technical experience considered in lieu of technical degree is relevant
- International travel experience preferred.