WTS Energy is seeking to hire Condition Monitoring Specialist for one of its client who is a reputed oil and gas operator for their offshore operations.
Location: Dubai offshore
1. Carry out duties as a member of the offshore maintenance group, conducting condition monitoring activities (vibration analysis, lube oil sampling and video scoping), preparing maintenance action recommendation reports, follow up and updating/closing reports for all turbo machinery / rotating equipment.
2. Execute all work in accordance with the integrated plan and with safety standards and relevant maintenance procedures
3. Liaise with the onshore production support department and offshore mechanical supervisor
Carry out Online and Offline vibration analysis as set out by the Planned Preventative Maintenance Program. Advises Mechanical Supervisor of any anomalies and conditions. Carries out Boroscope inspection of all turbo machinery in accordance with the OEM procedures. Provides recommendations for faults found, supplies information and data to support decisions.
• Take ownership and responsibility for the "grease sampling" database ensuring that it is up-to-date- and captures changes as new equipment is added and old equipment is removed.
• Produce a report of equipment that has problems or trends that could indicate failure. Assists in the preparation of work permits, JSA's and procedures to assist the Mechanical Supervisor.
• Review and advice changes in procedures and PPM work routines, ensuring documentation is correct.
• Ensure all test equipment and specialist tools are in good working order and have current certification to prevent delays due to lack of equipment. Brings to the attention of their Supervisor any equipment defects, ensuring equipment repairs are completed in a planned and timely manner.
• Develop knowledge of process operations in order to recognize impacts to production caused by maintenance and failure of mechanical equipment including turbines, centrifugal gas compressors, and centrifugal pumps.
• Ensure quality of work through adherence to standards and procedures and sound technical work practices. Assists in development of procedures and processes, process hazard reviews and job safety analysis ensuring the health and safety of personnel and equipment and protection of the environment
• Troubleshoot mechanical equipment faults and be able to utilize various techniques to determine root cause of failure. Is able to assist RCFA teams to determine failure causes and bring about resolution to chronic or acute failures. Works with other departments and groups (Mech, Ops, E&I) in a multi-disciplined/multi-cultural environment to optimize use of resources, investigate and determine failures, carry out repair actions and planned maintenance activities. Uses effective decision making processes based on investigative and troubleshooting techniques.
• Carries out work in accordance with established maintenance and safety procedures and standards and is expected to make necessary changes within regulated, specialized maintenance/MSR parameters to ensure equipment availability. Work is subject to spot check and disussion of unusual occurances. Provides guidance and assistance to the Maintenance Supervisor and Foreman on any aspects regarding condition monitoring techniques and data collection.
• Work towards completion of Company Competent Person Profile (CPP) assessment scheme.
• Participates in Company Horizon Zero and STOP safety programs.
• Performs Emergency Response Role as required by company.
Minimum RequirementsEducation Qualifications
1. Degree or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering and/or vibration level II certificationExperience Profile
1. Minimum 5 years experience in vibration analysis. Oil and gas industry experience is desirable
2. Minimum 4 years experience in condition monitoring or maintenance of Gas Turbine and Centrifugal compressors
3. Expert in vibration data collection, root cause analysis and maintenance recommendation preferably using CSI2140A2/Emerson AMS Software or SKF analyzer/software
4. Experience in familiarization or transient data analysis is desirable
5. Videosopic (Borescopic) inspection of Gas Generators experience is preferableCompetencies/Skills/Others;
1. Good English language communication skills