The incumbent will be reporting to the operations manager (management team) and heading the logistics base, which involves the selection, contracting & management of the base itself and the multiple ships that will be supporting the operations in general, from drilling, offshore construction and production operations.
- Command vessels in various bodies of water.
- Hire and supervise ship crew members.
- Maintain boat and equipment.
- Operate and maintain engines, winches, navigational systems, fire extinguishers, and life preservers.
- Measure and record water depths.
- Stick to planned route.
- Ensure adequate levels of hydraulic fluid, air pressure, and oxygen.
- Use flashing lights and whittles to signal passing vessels.
- Resolve problems with customers.
- Tow and maneuver barges.
- Signal tugboats.
- Unload and attempt to sell cargo.
- Sort logs or salvage lost logs.
- Utilize electronic sounding devices.
- Direct and coordinate crew members or workers performing activities such as loading and unloading cargo, steering vessels, operating engines, and operating, maintaining, and repairing ship equipment.
- Inspect vessels.
- Set courses and determine speeds using charts, plotting sheets, sextants, and compasses.
- Monitor loading of cargo.
- Record ship positions and movements.
1. Have a Master Mariner License
2. Must have sailed on international waters
3. Must have worked on Cargo's / Freighters
3. Ideal candidate from the Merchant Navy
4. 10 yrs working experience as a Captain on the international merchant ships, multipurpose cargo preferred.