About the job
· Responsible for the major Contractor’s activities related to engineering, procurement, fabrication, and installation.
· Champion a “no incident” HSE mind set and deliver excellent HSE performance.
· Define and manage the site team required to manage HSE, QA/QC, inspections, interfaces, and document control through the execution of the project in accordance with the Project Execution Plan and contractual requirements.
· Supervision of the engineering, fabrication and installation of the facilities.
· Ensure that engineering, fabrication, and installation activities are planned and executed to safeguard the integrity of safety, health of personnel, and the environment.
· Ensure that the facilities are designed and built in accordance with the project specification and the requirements of the Nigerian Authorities.
· Ensure that safety studies, assessment of safety critical elements, risk analysis, availability studies, and failure mode analyses are carried out in accordance with the project specifications.
· Identification of any interfaces having bearing on other contractors
· Ensure that operational input and lessons learned are incorporated in the design.
· Assist the Operations team in preparing and executing the offshore commissioning
· Manage all interfaces and active participation in solving any problems related thereto, including coordination with regulatory bodies, NNPC, and internal/external stakeholders to ensure all permits and approvals are obtained timely.
· Acceptance of facilities after installation.
· Ensure the Contractor’s activities and deliverables are compliant with the Contract including management of safety and environmental issues.
· Reporting of progress, deviations and areas of concern to the Project Manager.
· Observe any threats to the execution of the work and assist the Contractor’s management in formulating effective and timely remedial action.
· Responsible for strict Management of Change and make recommendations to the Project Manager on potential Variation Orders.
· Ensure understanding, acceptance and visible commitment to HSE standards by the Contractor.