Type of Employment
About the job
- The Head of Production provides production engineering support in the areas of production surveillance and optimization, water flood surveillance and optimization, problem well analysis and interventions, and artificial lift design and troubleshooting. The Head of production will work close with the production engineers, operation engineers, artificial lift engineers, and well analysts to support production and optimization activities and develop capabilities
- Act as focal point for Production Technology expertise of Petroleum Engineering Department, providing expertise across the organization.
- Participate in audits and internal peer reviews of reservoir studies and to prepare written summaries and recommendations.
- Undertake new & mature field development/redevelopment studies, production forecasting and optimisation.
- Assist with strategies, approaches and immediate steps to be taken within the E & P organization
· University degree in Petroleum Engineering,
· Minimum of 15 years oil industry experience in exploitation and exploration.
· Experience in the coordination of technical groups.
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Experience in operations and interpretation seismic data;
· Possess good understanding of the complete life cycle of field development and integration of geology, petrophysics, reservoir engineering and well technology.
· Experience in both operational and study environments.
· Strong analytical approach in solving complex technical problems within a multi-disciplined environment, team-working skills in co-ordination with reservoir and production engineers, petrophysicist, geologists, contractors and contracting authorities.
· Computer literacy, to include proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Windows based software