Type of Employment
About the job
Position for a Support Engineer with embedded software and hardware experience to join their team in their first office in Europe. Operating as a key member of Tritium’s European team, the Support Engineer will be responsible for all pre- and post-sale technical support. This role is focusing on finding solutions for their customers. Often, issues can be handled remotely however there will be hardware issues requiring the selected candidate to travel to remedy the situation. Candidate must be able to travel at any time, at short notice, up to and including International destinations.The role
- Provision of technical support to customers on all Tritium products
- Post-delivery support both technical and sales
- Provide technical training at Tritium facility or Customers
- Flexibility for travelling within Europe as required to provide on-site test&commissioning’s, technical support, with short reaction time
- Understanding of OCPP protocol, programing, integration and debugging as value added.
- Liaison with customers at all levels – awareness and communication to sales team of possible “upsell” opportunities
- Provide guidance, assistance, and technical advice to other sales and service staff
- Provide feedback to Managers regarding the performance of models and product groups including information in relation to uptime, faults, user experience, pricing, utilisation and emerging market trends
- Provide regular reports of all customer contacts, competitor information, and activity. Product or service complaints, business trends, and recommendations for action are to be highlighted.
- Continuous monitoring of Tritium charger network using the Veefil Webportal
- Remote fault resolution or/and diagnosis using Linux command line tooling
- Develop and implement the RMA process for the company
- Inform customers of new products and technical developments and maintain contact to ensure early knowledge of future projects and plans to predict and prepare for customer needs.
- Maintain awareness of standards that may be applicable to Tritium products, reporting them to the Engineering Director
- Lead meetings as required. You will need to be able to provide leadership and direction to other team members, effectively communicating what is required of them by when and why.
- Knowledge of software in Embedded C/C++ Linux. Implement functional software solutions.
- Experience of system monitoring tools (e.g. New Relic) and automated testing frameworks Knowledge of selected programming languages (e.g. Python, C++) and the Java/J2EE platform.
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB). OCPP Open Charge Point Protocol knowledge as value add. Familiarity with various operating systems (Linux, Mac OS, Windows).
Proven experience working with LV mains to 480VAC and DC systems up to 1000V
- Experience utilizing project management tools like JIRA; experience with ALTIUM preferred.
- Experience with general electronics design and familiarity with processor controlled devices.
- SMT experience in manufacturing. Understanding of FMEA, and DFMEA and EMC issues.
Required Education and Experience:
- BS in Electrical Engineering or a related degree
- Experience with High Voltage Systems (3 to 5 years preferable).
Salary: Base salary will be determined upon experience.
Role based in Amsterdam