United Arab Emirates
About the job
WTS Energy is seeking to hire Proposals Manager for one of its client who is a reputed oil field solutions company.
Location: Dubai, UAEReporting to ‘General Manager – PME, the Proposals Director has the overall responsibility for preparation and submission of quotations (Including commercial & Technical)/ tender documents to the clients, contract negotiations to win work and meet assigned targets with his team for the MEA region. The Proposals Director shall also ensure that all required activities are in accordance with the company’s approved procedures, DOA and QHSE guidelines. He shall be heading both the commercial team & application engineering team. Responsibilities:
- Be conversant with the technical and commercial aspects of Tenders and have a full understanding of the scope of work.
- Involve in technical, commercial & contractual negotiations with clients along with his team during the bidding stage.
- Ensure all tenders submitted to external clients are done so in the best interests of the Company.
- Identify and delegate the scopes of work for supporting departments in order to fulfil client’s bid requirements, and ensure that all the relevant information’s are included within the Company’s final proposal.
- Compile all necessary CTR’s and ensure these are suitably authorised prior to the submission of any proposals to clients.
- Direct responsibility to meet submission deadlines.
- Responsible for conducting the Tender review meetings internally and ensure all required approvals are in place as per DOA before bid submission.
- Jointly responsible with respective sales directors for pre-qualification of Comapny with potential clients.
- Overall responsible for clear and timely communication with clients on pre and post tendering process.
- Responsible to conduct RRB for high value bids as per the company policy.
- Reviews requests for proposals particularly to identify risks and terms which may not conform to Company policy.
- Makes staffing assignments, offers training, reviews work produced, completes performance evaluations and counselling as needed.
- Make, develop and encourage any technical suggestions that will enhance the overall competitiveness of Company proposals, which may be seen to give added value to clients.
- Interface with engineering and projects to guarantee all design work is carried out with the common target of optimising final cost and schedule.
- Identify potential opportunities for up-sell.
- Assist the management team in performance evaluation, training and succession planning in line with Company policies.
- Conduct bid / no bid reviews along with the management team gathering all required information’s from sales.
- Conduct work-load & bid update meeting with management team on weekly basis.
- Ensure manpower availability for handling the expected bids.
- Co-ordinate & support across the region on activities related to bidding.
- Show qualities on company ‘FRESH’ valves.
- Lead & motivate the team to keep good spirit & repeat success stories.
- Lead the team on QHSE matters and be seen to drive them.
- Ensure the assigned KPIs are met.
- Review and be familiar with specifications, design, drawing procedures in order to conform to the Company’s Quality Assurance Programme, the specific requirements of Clients and other governmental and/or statutory bodies.
- Conduct all activities within the Quality and Safety Management Policy and Procedures.
- Completes other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Engineering Degree Qualified as Minimum– Additional Business / Commerce / Contracts qualifications would be an advantage.
- Engineering & Manufacturing Industry experience (Min 5 Years must)
- 3 years minimum contracts handling experience
- Should have handled/lead a team of minimum 4 personals.