Type of Employment
About the job
Large international manufacturing company is seeking a manager to oversee their engineering technicians as well as maintenance & facilities team at their Indianapolis plant. Ensures engineered-to-order products meet specifications and that production employees are trained, supervised and assessed regularly. Additional responsibilities include:
- Influence working culture on the shop floor with the production team, by implementing best practice processes.
- Work closely with design engineers, internal production teams, and external vendors to ensure parts are built on schedule.
- Facilitate the production of products on time and within budget through robust process design.
- Drive the development of production procedures/processes, and manage the transition of parts and assemblies.
- Drive process stabilization and improvement through the manufacturing engineering team with innovative process solutions.
- Resolve manufacturing discrepancies and determining true root cause through to solution implementation.
- Process metric development to demonstrate process stability and process improvement.
- Lead process improvement workshops utilizing PFMEA tools.
- Drive Design for Manufacture and Assembly learning back into the design team to improve the product and reduce the engineering hours per unit
Bachelors in Engineering and at least five years of experience of managing manufacturing engineering professionals in a machining and assembly production environment. Also experience with Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing and 5S methodology. Experience with Design for Manufacture and Assembly and ISO 9001 is strongly preferred.