- Create a safe working environment by developing a safety culture amongst the team where everyone places the highest priority on safety and is actively watching out for their fellow employees.
- Ensure product quality by developing consistent processes & work instructions, training employees, and auditing to verify compliance.
- Playing a full and active part in the Operations leadership team, helping to implement the operations strategy that will meet the requirements of stakeholders and drive the operation forward.
- Responsible for defining required resource levels and for creating a flexible cross-trained production team for efficient use of employees and equipment.
- Provides leadership and direction for the daily production planning, management and review. Integrates organizational changes and new processes.
- Collaborating with supervisory staff, controls day to day operations to ensure delivery of customer service levels for all assembly, testing, and packaging operations for the site.
- Lead Production team comprised of (~30 employees) over two production shifts.
- Accountable for annual Performance & Development Dialog (PDD) process for Production team.
- Develop plans to ensure all measures necessary are taken to deliver key results on a monthly basis, and locating the necessary resources to deliver all objectives on an annual basis.
- Critically analyzing performance to identify areas for improvement.
- Developing, resourcing, and implementing project plans to ensure necessary improvements are implemented and related objectives are met or exceeded.
- Proactively setting and revising standards on an annual basis to maximize current and future performance.
- Promotes the Quality Policy at all levels of the organization and ensures that policies and procedures are being followed.
- Leads Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement project teams. Encourages personnel to become trained and actively participate in company excellence initiatives.
- Perform work, promote teamwork and communicate in conjunction with our culture and corporate standards (Safety/Environmental, Quality, Continuous Improvement, Communication, Internal Controls, etc.).