|ROLE PURPOSE: |
We are currently in a business expansion process. Our South African offices are covering Southern Africa and Sub-Saharan African countries. As a General Manager, your challenge will be to raise awareness of the ALE brand and services for the assigned area. You will manage operations, develop business and increase profitability for ALE in Nigeria. Reporting directly to the Director – South Africa, you will be able to call upon ALE’s huge diverse array of engineering skills, equipment and operational logistics team to design, offer and then provide unique and innovative solutions to the most demanding heavy lift and transport challenges.
Our industry is extremely niche, so while commercial heavy lift experience is valuable it is not a requirement. If you thrive on client engagement and the challenge of growing a business, then we can help lift your career to new heights.
- Provides strategic direction to the sales and marketing team to ensure delivery of broad business objectives
- Fosters good relationship with customers, government, community organizations and employees and ensures compliance with regulatory and country laws
- Develops a successful commercial development strategy for the country
- Coordinates and develops all departments and ensures operational and strategic goals are achieved
- Oversees the financial function of the business and ensures that controls are in place to enhance accountability and alignment with business strategies
- Expected to recruit and manage staff, including performance monitoring and possibly mentoring and training
- Coordinate global support (engineering, personnel, equipment, etc.) when required
- As the business grows develop in country capability across functions, ie. Sales, Operations, Project Management, Finance, HR, Engineering & HSQE functions.
- Gathers information on market trends and competitor activities to enhance strategic decision making
- Report back business activity, sales and financial performance to Director & board.
- Ensure ALE standard business policies and procedures are implemented and maintained.