Type of Employment
About the job
WTS Energy is the leading Consultant/Manpower supply Company to the International Oil, Gas and Energy Industry. Supplying Consultants to the projects and Operations of our Client, recruitment campaigns and workforce management in Oil and Gas regions around the world. Due to steady growth and expansion, we seek to employ competent career minded individual to join our well established team in our Lagos office. ACCOUNTANT/FINANCE MANAGER Basic Function: The function of the finance manager position has responsibilities that include support of the management of the companies’ activities. These activities have a focus on payroll contracts for our clients. The finance manager engages in financial analysis in such areas as forecasting, budgeting, engaging in cost reduction analysis, and reviewing operational performance. Principal Accountabilities:
Interpret the company's financial results to management and recommend improvement activities
- Oversee all aspects of finance and accounting functions of the APAC region, including forecasting, budget preparation, statutory reporting, etc.
- Build, lead and supervise the finance team in daily operations.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs.
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements
- Maintains payroll information by designing systems; directing the collection, calculation, and entering of data.
- Determines payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Use hedging to mitigate financial risks related to the interest rates on the company's borrowings, as well as on its foreign exchange positions
- Maintain banking relationships
- Assist in determining the company's proper capital structure
- Manage the preparation of the company's budget
- Report to management on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances
- Assist management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction
- Engage in ongoing cost reduction analyses in all areas of the company
- Engage in benchmarking studies to establish areas of potential operational improvement
- Over 15 years of financial control/management experience in Oil and Gas industry, ideally on a global/ regional level.
- Experience in managing full suite of finance responsibilities, including control, budgeting and forecasting.
- Proven track record in payrolling using Navision software
- Strong presentation/ communication skills with good understanding of Oil and Gas business and excellent business acumen.
- Degree in Finance/ Accountancy or relevant disciplines
- Professional qualifications such as ACCA/ CPA/ CFA is an added advantage.
Please note! This position is only applicable to Nigerians nationals
Only qualified candidates will be contacted