Type of Employment
About the job
DD Specialist - OKCOklahoma City, OklahomaNote: Rig Based RoleOnly candidates with the legal right to work in the US without sponsorship will be considered for this role. Compensation:
- Night DD: $500
- Day DD: $700
- Typical DD – Length of the well assigned to.
- Minimum of 3 years experience
- The Lead Directional Driller Speciallist (DD Specialist) performs directional drilling services and promotes the <company> <COMPANY> culture. The Lead DD plans, executes, and manages all phases of a directional drilling job to deliver services that meet client expectations and <COMPANY> standards. He/she also provides technical support to clients and other <COMPANY> crew members at the wellsite. The DD Specialist is partially responsible for the training and development of any subordinate while at the wellsite.
“VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Priority referral of vets re<company>ed. An Equal Opportunity Employer: females, minorities, veterans, disabled and other protected groups.”
- Manages personal development and keeps informed on current <company> <COMPANY> technology and strategy
- Responsible for training, coaching and mentoring less experienced DD's following the equip training program.
- Follows the equip program and competency requirements (if applicable).
- Meets and maintains all minimum OFS Safety Training Coefficient (STC) requirements as well as job related STC.
- Reviews and appraises the performance of subordinates, consistent with performance objectives, and determines the need for additional training in a fair and consistent manner
- Mentors less experienced personnel.
- Leads any directional drilling job
- Fully responsible for pre-job planning (equipment and personnel) and mobilization
- Demonstrates knowledge of all DD techniques and all surveying methods used in the location.
- Develops expertise on advanced ell planning techniques using Drilling Office
- Documents all Incident / accident events on the job, and at the office, in <company>.
- Assists clients by providing solutions for drilling issues.
- Prepares end of well reports / client's final product delivery.
- Acts as the <COMPANY> - client focal point for drilling operations at the rig site.
- Effectively manage inventory and supplies required at the well site.
- Maintains good communication with the Client's well site representative, rig crew and <COMPANY> field support staff
- Actively participates in Knowledge sharing
- Ensures all <COMPANY> reporting requirements are fulfilled accurately and on a timely basis
- Follows up failures with the maintenance team and ensures failure reports are closed with clients.
- Follows and complies with all <company> SQ, HSE and IT standards, wears all personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
- Skills: Learns quickly and adapts to new problems and situations
- Is a relentless and versatile learner.
- Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish
- Uses logic to solve problems with effective solutions
- Is personally committed to continuous improvement
- Listens and is able to communicate effectively with managers, peers and clients both written and verbally.
Minimum of 3 years experience