Type of Employment
About the job
The overall purpose of this position is to ensure realization of company’s EHS ambitions in line with the Group strategy. The AMERICAS EHS Manager is accountable for realization of the company’s EHS targets and ambitions within AMERICAS. This will be achieved by taking the lead on EHS efforts within the region, deploy relevant efforts in cooperation with EHS managers, E and H&S Center of Excellence and other group functions. The successful candidate will report on performance/progress to the regional OPS VP and LT, and the Group EHS Senior Director. As AMERICAS EHS Manager, the following major tasks are defined: Work area 1: Strategy formulation and deployment (10%)
Work area 2: Organizational support, problem solving and competence development (30%)
- Set the strategic direction in cooperation with OPS VP for “Making company’s Supply Chain a Showcase for Sustainable manufacturing” in AMERICAS and support the realization of the Group environmental ambitions e.g. reducing water consumption with 50% by 2025, never emitting more CO2 than 2008, etc.
- Establish yearly roadmaps and targets to break down the strategy for the AMERICAS region, including input in the budget process to ensure realization of the roadmaps.
- Align the regional roadmap with company action plans and initiatives.
- Monitor and report on the individual company’s environmental performance and action plans and take necessary action to ensure realization of the Regions environmental roadmap and KPI´s.
Work area 3: Link plants within EMEA and connect EMEA with the global EHS organization (10%)
- First line support to EHS managers and VP OPS regarding EHS performance in region.
- Continuously improve EHS performance in cooperation company EHS management and in cooperation with E and H&S Center of Excellence.
- Develop regional EHS competencies by facilitating regional trainings in relevant environmental standards, concepts, tools.
The expected number of traveling days per year is 50 days
- Establish EHS network(s) across the organization to accelerate improvements and learning by sharing best practices across the region.
- Ensure realization of show-case initiatives by supporting implementation of Group EHS initiatives.
- Provide input to Group E and H&S Center of Excellence on need for support to improve EHS performance in Region AMERICAS.
The education, skills, experiences and personal characteristics necessary for success in this assignment. In cases where years of experience are used for illustration, these should be considered as MINIMUM requirements.
Relevant master's degree within the EHS area and/or Operations Management
5-10 years’ experience within the EHS area
5-10 years’ experience with strategy deployment
5-10 years’ project/program management
Experience from working in large international organisations
Personal skills and competencies
Fluent in English and Spanish
Good communications and motivational skills i.e. ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
Excellent stakeholder management skills
Experienced trainer and auditor/assessor
Abel to set direction and inspire others to follow