United Arab Emirates
Type of Employment
About the job
Execute inventory control measures to ensure the company minimizes stock holding and maximizes stock system and paperwork accuracy. Responsible for supporting the maintenance of company`s Offshore and Onshore facilities, new projects and oil & gas production by maintaining sufficient inventory of equipment, assemblies, parts, tools, chemicals and general supplies. Responsible for managing all inventory control related activities - Overall supervision of Inventory Management.
- Maintain warehouse inventory stock at the optimum level to minimise capital investment, continuously improve the service level of customer, identification of redundant and excess materials inventory and recommend disposal by way of return and/or surplus of materials by coordinating with various technical and administrative groups.
- Support and comply with all Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) policies, procedures, goals, efforts, and programmes of the Company. Ensure HSE issues are given primary consideration in all activities undertaken within area of responsibility.
- Supervise, plan and execute the inventory control activities for the company, ensuring that inventory is maintained at economic levels with operational objectives and procedures are developed for the amendment of stock levels to meet changing operational conditions.
- Supervise surplus disposal activity to ensure that all surplus sale transactions are completed in accordance with company policies and procedures and also in compliance with business ethics policy.
- Monitor data accuracy in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Job Related Competencies Educational Qualifications:
- Ideally possessing a relevant qualification and/or suitable background experience in inventory management/purchasing.
- Sound knowledge of the offshore fields and equipments.
- Possess relevant IT skills in MS Office applications - Outlook, Excel & Word in particular and a working knowledge of business ERP systems.
- Possess sound knowledge of materials and working specifications of items related to mechanical and process equipment.
- Experience and knowledge of various materials, specifically related to mechanical process and systems.
- Have a detailed understanding of MRP and inventory control / management systems and ERP
- Good analytical skill, prompt decision making.
- Excellent team player.
- Possess the willingness to learn, improve and adapt.
- Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently & effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality.
- Possess excellent personal organization and business administration skills in accordance with modern best practice methods.
- Possess excellent English verbal and written communication skills for a demanding and customer focused working environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.