United Arab Emirates
About the job
WTS Energy is seeking to hire Electrical Engineer (offshore operations and Maintenance) for one of its client who is a reputed Oil & Gas operator.
Duration: Permanent , family status resident job
Electrical Engineer will support onshore senior Electrical Engineer on onshore operations management.
Responsible to technical support to all types of electrical equipments and mentoring of offshore electrical personnel.
- Technical support and troubleshooting of offshore electrical equipments which includes generators, motors, variable frequency drives, submersible pump motors and AC/DC power distribution and associate equipment.
- Participates in electrical equipment failure investigation and analyses using RCA techniques.
- Coordinates with warehouse personnel to provide technical advice of the verification of electrical spares. Determines equivalent spares from other manufacturers for obsolete or non available items
- Monitor and manages obsolescence of installed electrical equipment
- Provide reviews and inputs to PPM strategies and procedures
- Initiate engineering studies on offshore electrical power system to increase efficiency and safety.
- Coordinate with operations/maintenance groups during major shutdown planning.
- Preparation of cist studies
- Provide technical support to the onshore JAOSB E & I Workshop
- Bachelor's degree or relevant qualification
- 10 years in electrical maintenance and knowledgeable in offshore operations and maintenance of equipment
- Experience in electrical equipment installation in hazardous areas
- Proficient in writing and interpreting electrical reports
- Expertise in Windows and CMMS system. Oracle preferably