United Arab Emirates
Type of Employment
About the job
PurposeSupport Team Leader Operations in planning, managing and coordinating maintenance and shutdown activities to ensure that production and uptime targets are effectively met and that the facility is operated and maintained safely and efficiently in accordance with Company policies, objectives and quality standards. Maintenance scope includes mechanical, electrical and instrument equipment as well as civil and structural works.Participate in project work, participates in Pre-Commissioning, Commissioning, installation, Start-up of E&P facilities (Well Pads, Plant facility, Oil & Gas Gathering stations)
- Provides support in developing and focusing strategic direction, planning, co-ordination, guidance, reviewing and close follow-up of key issues, to contribute towards achieving HSE, Maintenance, Production of Oil & Gas and Injection in line with Asset’s KPI’s targets. Undertakes duties closely related to planning/scheduling of short, medium and long-term activities.
- Participates with the Team Leader Operations in the planning, coordination and recommendation of long and short term production and maintenance programs.
- Implements corporate objectives, policies and performance targets in order to translate Company mission into measurable divisional activities.
- Supports unit tests to improve reliability and/or throughput.
- Planning is in conjunction with other relevant departments such as P&E, Production Engineering or Contractor.
- Supports production priorities for planned maintenance and preparation of equipment for overhauls and, periodic shutdowns.
- Assist team with respect to the coordination work of the maintenance regarding the short/ long term planning of the division's activities.
- Reviews all maintenance section appraisals for consistency.
- Coordinates weekly/monthly/long term maintenance planning.
- Ensures the safe and timely completion of maintenance activities and shutdowns / turnarounds by coordination and managing of the maintenance planning, preparation and execution activities.
- Provides maintenance and technical support with engineering and project management services for minor projects including the planning, execution and supervision of the works.
- Continually reviews and initiates corrective action to maintain minimum stock, repairable and insurance stock on spare parts.
- Provides needed support on matters related to production operation, maintenance and coordination of activities in the safest manner with minimum impact on production and environment.
- Provides assistance to site for shutdowns and release of facilities for various activities/projects in coordination with relevant teams.
- Participates in Root Cause Failure Analysis teams. Investigates issues due to equipment failure and determines the root cause and also associated with the performance of equipment and implements improvement plans.
- Ensures that the predictive, preventative and breakdown maintenance activities and progress are maintained in the system.
- Ensures that the maintenance interest is fully covered and resources are properly allocated in all aspects of the relevant project life cycle from conceptual to completion, with full co-ordination/ involvement of the respective Unit teams/ members.
- To contribute to the development and direct the Implementation of the Asset Integrity and Reliability Management System to ensure reliable operations at highest levels.
- To set direction for planning and executing plant modifications and efficiency improvement initiatives, to improve the integrity of the Plant facilities and to minimize operational disruptions.
- To assist in the preparation of the budget for the department and to effectively cooperate with other departments to ensure that sufficient infrastructure and competent human resources are provided as well as optimized business processes are in place to fulfil the objectives for the department in an effective and cost conscious manner.
- Participates in preparation of annual and long term (5-year) Capital and Operating budgets. Reconciles capital and operating expenditure against planned budget for maintenance activities and equipment. Investigates, addresses any variances to ensure effective cost control and Identifies areas of cost reduction.
Terms & Conditions
Company : State Owned Oil Company
Location : Abu Dhabi
Type : Contract Hire - Long Term
- B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent operating experience.
- 12 to 15 years diversified maintenance experience in the oil and gas, petrochemical including at least 7 years in a supervisory position.