United Arab Emirates
Type of Employment
About the job
Job Purpose:Leads a team of Discipline Engineers providing operations inputs into major projects carried out by Brownfield Division / Pipelines & Towers Projects Division. Provides all Operations Input and ensures its encapsulation into the design for Projects in ASSESS/SELECT and provides engineering inputs / advice for any operational aspect during
EXECUTE Stage with appropriate liaison with site as required. Provides Support during preparation of Operation Readiness Plans (ORPS) and participates with CPLD / DED for implementation of new initiatives / ideas into pilot projects. Principal Accountabilities
Terms and Conditions:
- Leads reviews of project scope, documentation / packages at each VAP stage of the project and provides operational input by enabling appropriate discipline engineers participation.
- Ensures that operational inputs are captured and implemented throughout various phases of the project until final hand over to respective site.
- Initiates, Leads, Interacts and Executes various PEER Reviews / Studies initiated within POSD by interacting with External Consultants / Contractors.
- Directs and supervises the activities of discipline engineers and allocates them to various project reviews.
- Assumes supervisory responsibilities as deemed necessary by the line manager.
- Liaises with planning engineer for initiating Budget Request (BR) and Authorization for Expenditure (AFE) for POSD assigned schemes/ PEER reviews.
- Monitors the financial commitments throughout different phases of the PEER reviews / studies.
- Leads the review of Engineering Document submittals during DEFINE/EXECUTE and injects operational input into the design.
- Leads the Delivery of the requested Engineering Services to the operations teams / representatives to support operations viewpoints from an Engineering perspective.
- Provides representatives in all major Engineering reviews like Design review, HAZOP’s, HAZID’s, PHSSER’s, 3D Model Reviews (30, 60, & 90%), SIL Studies, Start-up Reviews, AMHAZ etc,.
- Acts a Focal Point for all operations inputs into all ASSESS / SELECT Stage studies to ensure that operations perspective is encapsulated early in the design.
- Leads the effort to provide Engineering support to Ops. Support Commissioning Team during Pre-Commissioning, Commissioning, Start Up of Project Facilities up to Project Handover.
- Provides Support during risk assessments and ensures that method statements have prepared and reviewed.
- Ensures Operations Readiness Plans are prepared and tracking each elements of ORP is performed at regular intervals.
- Leads the effort to provide engineering support during project handover and warranty period related to punch list items or operational problems that requires contacting vendors and / or Project Management Teams.
- Provides operational feedback to various technical authorities about any changes / amendments to existing codes / standards based on operations experiences / lesson learnt.
- Ensures operations manuals / procedures / commissioning manuals are prepared by project teams and are reviewed / accepted by site operations.
- Participates in preparation of Commissioning Strategies of various projects and assists in the creation of commissioning teams by participating in recruitment of these teams.
- Provides support & challenges the Assessment of shutdown requirements for various project activities and if required Co-ordinates with production teams to ensures that shutdown requirements are injected into production plans.
- Ensures that weekly / monthly / quarterly progress reports & presentations on critical issues are reviewed prior to issue to PBU management.
- Discusses SELECT / DEFINE stage project options with site in liaison with concerned Teams / Divisions within the company.
- Provides overall work control over the execution of wide variety of assigned tasks including; all liaison and co-ordination, reviewing of documentation, evaluating work load and assigning tasks to engineers.
- Provides Engineering Leadership by guiding, directing and supervising subordinates to ensure they work to their best potential and contribute effectively as a Team
- Ensures development of National graduates under CAMS Scheme / juniors, conducting necessary assessments, monitoring and coaching and identifies the training needs and work opportunities to close performance gaps for individuals in their PDP.
- Imparts effective training in the field of engineering / schemes implementation to UAE nationals in accordance with the company policy.
- Participates in various task forces as directed by the line manager / senior management.
- Identifies / reviews and recommends innovative techniques intending to achieve cost saving / enhanced performance.
- Works in line with HSE policy, and ensure awareness and compliance of HSE rules and regulations by subordinates.
- Location: Abu Dhabi
- Type: Direct Hire
- Bachelor Degree in relevant Engineering (Chemical / Mechanical / Control) discipline or equivalent.
- 10-12 years’ experience in Oil & Gas Engineering, Personal PC skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Fluent in English.