United Arab Emirates
Type of Employment
About the job
Purpose Plans and supervises petrophysical analyses by contractors, and performs petrophysical Interpretation of Individual wells. Perform volumetric evaluation of Company's hydrocarbon reserves. Provide Petrophysical support to ensure the field static and dynamic models undergo continuous improvement and accurately reflect our evolving level of reservoir understanding and uncertainty. Play an active role in the evolution of the field reservoir models. Provide petrophysical rock physics support to aid seismic QI support.Key Responsibilities
Terms & Conditions
- Assist in the definition and creation of Scope of Work documentation for Wireline and LWD logging services.
- Support in tendering process for LWD/Wireline for eh development wells (scope of work, technical qualification and assessment of bidders
- Check reports and invoices from contractors, Work as a member of multi-disciplinary asset evaluation team.
- Contribute in the well proposal documents by assisting in the definition of well evaluation objectives and the Petrophysical logging (tool strings, operational, etc0 and possibly coring requirements necessary to deliver on those objectives in a cost effective manner.
- Work closely with drilling and service provides to ensure adequate data acquisition planning and preparation are in place prior to drilling the well with particular attention to specialist services like MDT etc,
- Assist in providing sub surfaces support to drilling and well operations.
- Take in part in the Division Budgeting process.
- Support in consolidating and preparing the unit budgets and plans to be submitted to Senior Management for use in their forecasting and decision making processes.
- Ensure effective quality control during data acquisition, and any service company post acquisition processing.
- Provide formation evaluation/petrophysical analysis and during drilling and as part of a final well report post drilling
- Ensure that all Petrophysical data and reports are properly captured in company archives and databases.
- Ensure a tight integration of geoscience knowledge with petrophysics evaluations.
- Assist in the definition, planning, execution of core SCAL and geoscience studies.
- Mentor junior Petrophysical staff and other members of the Field subsurfaces team to enhance their understanding of Petrophysical related topics.
- Stay abreast of latest petrophysical advances in tools, evaluation methods, etc and look for value adding application of those in the Filed.
- Determine work methods from alternative existing methods in accordance with established policies and professional standards.
- Follow all relevant operational procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Stimulate subordinates and contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of Sub Surface Division systems, processes and practices taking into account ‘international best practice’, improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
- Ensure that Subsurface Division complies with all relevant safety, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across all operations and support function and all projects, to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality products/service and a responsible environmental attitude.
Client : State Owned Oil Company
Location : Abu Dhabi - Resident based
Duration : On Yearly Renewable Contract
- Bachelor's Degree in Sciences (Geology). Geophyiscs, Petroleum Engineering or equivalent.
- 10-15 years varied petrophysical operations and/or characterization experience in the oil/gas industry.