United Arab Emirates
Type of Employment
About the job
Job Purpose & Scope
To ensure permit to work system is implemented in line with the HSEMS guidelines. Supervise and coordinates the activities relating to daily work permits, develop and approve isolation strategy. Control the isolation implementation and ensure that the isolations are in place prior to allowing a work permit to go live. To ensure that all the jobs are carried out as per operating procedures and standards. To carry out risk assessment for critical jobs and job safety analysis for ensuring HSE standards are met.
- Identify priority jobs in consultation with Operations Supervisors and coordinate with all departments to plan for next day’s jobs with production / maintenance supervisors. Attend the daily morning and evening Production Supervisor’s hand over meeting and liaise with them to identify critical works and SIMOPS in the plant.
- Participate in daily PTW meetings along with the operations and maintenance supervisors for discussion of prioritizing and planning of critical activities for safe execution.
- Assess work permits raised to determine whether all the required information has been provided with permit to required standard and accordingly liaise with various departments.
- Actively involve & contribute to the Risk assessment for critical jobs and job safety analysis for ensuring HSE standards are met.
- Liaise closely with the Performing Authority when planning work to ensure all the appropriate mechanical/process/electrical hazards and controls have been identified for that task.
- Ensure that all the documentation associated is attached with the permit including but not limited to complementary permits, Mechanical Isolation Certificates, electrical isolation, marked up drawings or P&IDs and Job Safety Analysis.
- Coordinate with operational supervisors regarding the lock out /safety device bypass and ensure that the record register is updated.
- Develop isolation strategy, control isolation implementation and ensure that the isolations are in pace prior to allowing an associated PTW to be executed. Maintain the Extended Period Isolation Register .Follow up pending work to ensure isolation is removed at the earliest when the work is completed.
- Ensure that all the control measures as per the Job Safety Analysis have been put in place prior to allowing a work permit to go live.
- Ensure that all necessary preparation procedures and standing instructions are followed while the equipment is made ready for safe maintenance intervention.
- Audit work permits for correct implementation with regards to recommended controls for safe working conditions.
- Ensure that adequate handovers take place at shift change / crew change out of area with regard to job status and isolation conditions.
- Mark critical and hot jobs on the Plant plot plan for easy follow-up and control during emergencies.
- Carryout regular audits on Electrical Isolation, MICs and Lock Off procedures implementation
- Ensure closure of all work orders after satisfactory completion of the jobs including the routine PM activities carried out by Production Team
- Monitor the ongoing project jobs to ascertain whether the work is processing safely as per the work permit recommendations.
- Carryout the job function in accordance with HSE commitment and Policy to achieve strategic objectives as stipulated in the HSE management system.
Terms & Conditions
- Location: Abu Dhabi - Offshore
- Rotation: 28/28 Days On / Off
- Type: Contract - Long Term
- Minimum 8 years of working with hydrocarbon production systems with 4 years as authority
- BSc in chemical or petroleum or equivalent engineering preferred.
- Awareness of hydrocarbon production , electrical system hazards.
- Experience in identifying the hazards, managing risks and carrying out risk assessment.
- Experienced in checking the planning with data reports and generating the reports.
- Very good knowledge in English and communication skills needed.