United Arab Emirates
Type of Employment
About the job
WTS Energy is looking for a Reservoir Development Manager to work in UAE for a permanent role to a privately owned oil and gas company; this client has been operating for more than 40 years domestically and internationally.
Job Summary and Scope of Responsibilities
Manages all aspects of reservoir development and production e.g. reservoir fluid characterisation and formation evaluation, planning, assessment of the acreage for exploration, reservoir performance to maintain the sustainability of production and determine the rate of return on investment in line with company business objectives. Manages the development, assessment and evaluation processes of future reservoir/subsurface elements of the field development plan. Reports to the Director of the E&P department.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manages the assessment of the acreage for exploration of oil and gas in order to determine the potential for acquisition whether onshore or offshore.
2. Proceeds to seismic acquisition and drilling in case the assessment is positive otherwise take a decision on relinquishment of the acreage.
3. Determines the characteristics of the reservoir’s rocks following the discovery of oil and gas and its extension from the drilled wells in order to compute the hydrocarbon in place and the recoverable reserves for that reservoir.
4. Identifies the required reservoir measurements to characterise and predict reservoir behaviour and ensures their interpretation and integration.
Reservoir/Field Planning and Development
5. Develops a plan for number of wells to be drilled, reservoir production and the plateau rate of the reservoir in order to proceed with actual field development.
6. Oversees the steering of field development from the subsurface and recommends the reservoir development schemes to be selected.
7. Supervises the multi-disciplinary subsurface integrated studies and leads the team to determine potential risk factors and associated sensitivities to field development and their ultimate impact on economics.
8. Works closely with the subsurface and drilling teams to determine the optimum field development strategy and to generate production forecasts and reserves estimates.
9. Monitors the reservoir performance in continuous basis in order to maintain production levels.
10. Determines the economic feasibility of the exploration, development and post-development stages for oil and gas fields in order to assess the pay-out period and the rate of return on investment.
11. Defines, plans and initiates comprehensive studies that need to be conducted to assess the fields and to contribute to their development.
Policies, Processes & Procedures
12. Recommends improvements to departmental policies, processes and procedures and directs the implementation of instructions and controls covering the Reservoir Development activities so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service to customers.
13. Monitors the financial performance of Reservoir Development activities versus budgets so that areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified and rectified promptly and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalised upon.
MIS and Reports
14. Ensures that periodical MIS and progress reports are prepared and sent to keep top management informed about the progress of various initiatives and to facilitate decision making.
Safety, Quality & Environment
15. Ensures compliance to all relevant safety, quality and environmental management procedures and controls within the feasibility analysis function to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality products/services and a responsible environmental attitude.
16. Ensures the effective achievement of Reservoir Development functional objectives through the leadership of the Reservoir Development team – setting individual goals, managing performance, developing and motivating staff, provision of formal and informal feedback and appraisal – in order to maximise subordinate and departmental performance.
Reporting and Communication
17. Reports to the Director of Exploration & Production on reservoir development issues.
18. Enhances relationships with counterparts in other oil and gas companies in order to keep pace with technical and market exploration developments.
19. Maintains and exhibits excellent working relationships with all company staff.
Continuous Development of Position
20. Leads a culture of continuous improvement and promotes new technologies that would increase productivity and reduce cost.
21. Conducts technical research to be utilised for field development, exploration and drilling plans. Recommends subsequent actions to top management.
- Small business experience of interest (not just multinationals)
- ARABIC speakers essential
- Path for rapid promotion to Reservoir Engineering Manager in 1-2 years
- Must be comfortable working in small teams/ wearing multiple hats
- Young and energetic 35-45 years old
- Well rounded experience + reservoir purist in terms of career experience
- Must have conducted lots of studies ideally in MENA region
- All nationalities considered but a “good passport” favoured as there will be travel around the region.
- Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications/Certifications Required
- Bachelor degree in Petroleum Engineering or an equivalent discipline and a related post-graduate degree with sound technical knowledge of Geology, Geophysics and Reservoir Development
Minimum Professional Experience Required
10-12 years’ of professional experience within the reservoir development field
Special Requirements and Conditions
Area knowledge (Arabian Gulf)