Type of Employment
About the job
Hours: 7:00am to 4:00pm
Clean and inspect tubulars, downhole tools, rotary shoulder connections and other products to identify non-conformities. Determine if
equipment meets standards set by the industry.
Field Inspector status (Inspector 1, Inspector 2 or Inspector 3) is determine by certification status and business requirements
Reports to Field Service Supervisor (FSS) or Field Service Manager (FSM).
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
• Comply with Company & Regulatory HSE, Quality and IT standards and policies
• Wear all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required
• Maintain required HSE and SQ certifications
• Complete pre-employment and annual visual acuity and color contrast vision examination
• Navigate and utilize company Field Inspection Services Procedures Manual
• Understand Rig and Customer location operations and the inherent safety issues involved in each type of location
• Identify and understand the various down hole drilling tools and BHA components
• Identify and understand API, Premium and Super Premium Rotary Shouldered Connections
• Knowledge of common inspection specifications & standards utilized in the industry (API, DS-1)
• Safely operate and utilize company inspection vehicle(s), associated power equipment, and tools required during the inspection
• Familiar with Coils, Yokes, Black lights, Light Meter, Gages, Magnetic Indicators, Magnetic Particles - Wet/Dry, Liquid Penetrant -
Visible/Fluorescent, EMI Tubular Inspection and Ultrasonic Inspection Equipment as required.
• Utilize the various inspection techniques to locate, investigate, evaluate and properly disposition discontinuities and defects commonly
• Develop the ability to perform the various field repair, maintenance and salvage services for used threaded connections
• Utilize basic computer skills to accurately complete all inspection services related documentation
• Perform all other duties and projects as assigned by Supervisor
Competencies to be kept current:
• Able to build customer relationships
• Effective communicator
• Comfortable in field environments
• Ability to work unsupervised and as a team
Required Experience: Problem Solving- Basic skill in project estimation - Can handle projects of medium complexity- Creative and innovative in providing quality solutions, analytical and solution oriented- Intermediate skill in techniques, tools, processes and practices within area of expertise- Basic Decision Making: Involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies. Decisions will impact upon schedules and on individual operations.- Identifies problems and/ or obstacles. - Professional analysis and skilful use of tools, processes and resources - Uses conceptual skills to tackle problems, which have not been addressed before- Develops new approaches to enable others to resolve similar problems should they occur again- Applies broad knowledge and experience - Remains effective at problem solving even under pressure. Leadership- Can function independently and in a team - Basic Project Management skills- Basic Outsourcing Management skills- Leadership (if position has subordinates): Establishes goals in order to meet objectives, including subordinates. Provides leadership to subordinates- Basic Mentoring skills, provides assistance to less experienced staff- Aware of the value of and shares knowledge with individuals within own team Communication: - Intermediate oral and written communication skills: Frequently interacts with peer groups, subordinates and management within area advising on their area of responsibility - Practices active listening and uses a variety of questioning techniques- Conveys information fluently, interpreting and clarifying details and explaining rationale - Confident in presentation and discussion of factual data with a familiar audience- Able to write technical reports clearly and concisely - Facilitates meeting and discussions- Customer oriented, actively communicates with internal and/or external customers to ensure service level meets with expectations and handles customer dissatisfaction professionally and takes ownership for customer needs- Establishes relationship of openness, trust, integrity and reliability- Is responsive to customers' demands and priorities. Cross Discipline - Basic understanding of how other disciplines interact with own- Intermediate understanding of and practice of the principles of Quality Management- Basic awareness of the company's operations and strategy and has awareness of how own role fits in- Understands the needs for budgetary constraints and is aware of impact of own actions on costs- Adheres to local standards and procedures in all aspects of working environment- Familiarity with own segment's range of services & products, and the relationship to other parts of OFS- Knows strengths, competitive advantage and position in market place - Shows active interest in business world- Promotes standards & develops procedures to improve quality. Managing the Assigned Tasks - Has intermediate functional and technical skills required to do the job. - Capable of actively participating in the setting of own objectives and identifies key requirements. - Balances priorities & interfaces with internal/external customers & stakeholders to ensure expectations are met.
The candidate must be local in the Midland or Odessa area. There is not a set schedule for Field Inspectors. If they start as a Field Inspector, they will be a direct hire as they will have a reduced hourly rate with eligibility for commission. The candidate needs to have experience with Tubular Inspection, BHA Inspection, Pipe Inspection, Drilling Tools Inspection. Midland