Type of Employment
About the job
For one of our clients we are looking for a Topside and Compressor Technician on board of a FPSO.
The vessel will be in Singapore, but as from next year it will start a project in Ghana.
The mission for this position is to ensure proper and continuous functioning of gas compression with minimum downtime. The scope of the work is maintenance and monitoring of gas compressors skids and auxiliary topside equipment.
Duties of the job:
- Liaise with Storekeeper and Maintenance Technician for spare parts inventory;
- Familiar with Computerized Maintenance Management System;
- Report any hazardous situation and equipment failure to the Maintenance Technician and Maintenance Supervisor;
- Keep record of repairs, adjustments and the use of spare parts;
- Follow Permit to Work Responsible for carrying out routine safety checks on equipment as required by the Maintenance Technician;
- Undertake training relevant to the position requirements;
- On-the-job-training of colleagues and trainees;
- Member of Emergency Response Team.
- Meet the requirements for certification as an officer in charge of an engineering watch in manned engine-room STCW code A-III/1;
- 2 years’ experience on the offshore installations or gas tankers;
- Minimum one year experience on board of a FPSO or VLCC;
- Very good English written and spoken;
- European passport.
Please note that your profile will only be considered if you are meeting the above mentioned requirements.