Type of Employment
About the job
BP Oman is looking for a Commissioning Project Engineer to work in Oman on a 1 year contract, equal rotation. The client is an international E&P operator.
• Coordinate and assist in the execution of the overall Commissioning strategy, in line with HSE expectations, design intent, technical integrity, cost and schedule commitments.
• Develop and utilise tools for the performance management of the EPC contractor, and Commissioning Team throughout commissioning activity
• Support the implementation of commissioning processes that comply with GP 32-20 and the intent of client’s certification and handover processes.
• Act as a focal point for commissioning risk management, cost tracking, progress reporting, and other tools as required.
• Support commissioning discipline teams to deliver interface requirements
• Comply with client’s expectations in Safety and Quality as well as ensuring the Commissioning activities meet the client Commissioning process, schedule and cost.
RESPONSIBILITIES & OBJECTIVES:
• Uphold client core values of Safety, Courage, One Team, Respect and Excellence above all other aspects of project delivery.
• Demonstrate personal HSSE leadership and excellent HSE behaviours at all times, and ensure that safety expectations are communicated and maintained.
• Implement and uphold all approved GPO Defined Practices for Commissioning and client Engineering Technical Practices (ETP’s) for Project. Including implementation of all required processes to ensure technical integrity and compliance is met throughout Commissioning delivery within the Project.
• Support client CoW process as the systems are handed over from Contractors up until the point of Handover to Operations.
• Work with all members of the Commissioning Team across CPF and GWES to ensure that all project expectations (HSSE, Quality, Schedule, Budget, Risk Management, Contractor Relationships and values/behaviours) are met through all stages of the Project.
• Monitor project schedule and milestones for facility delivery, being aware of critical path activities and developing suitable mitigation plans, with the concurrence of the Commissioning & Start-Up Manager, CPF and GWES Commissioning Superintendents, and Commissioning Discipline Leads, to protect the project milestones through the lifecycle of the project.
• Assist in developing detailed System Handover (SH1) formats that meet Operations expectations
• Co-ordinate across commissioning team disciplines to develop the strategy, co-ordinate monthly technical meetings, and ad hoc meetings as required.
• Co-ordinate monthly commissioning performance reviews
• Manage the Commissioning Action tracking process to ensure timely completion of agreed objectives
• Ensure that client standards (both technical and ethical) are met or exceeded at all Contractor and Supplier locations (if outside of client facility) throughout the project lifecycle and that all appropriate quality records are completed and processed to facilitate a smooth handover during the completions stages of construction through to commissioning and onwards to operations at all levels (Discipline, System and Facility).
• Provide coaching and to develop the lesser-experienced members of the Process Commissioning Team as required; being a technical and professional mentor where possible.
• Input to the Lessons Learned process, ensuring Ensure that all lessons learned from other major projects are reviewed and incorporated in the execution of the complete commissioning scope. Likewise, all subsequent lessons learned throughout the execution of the Project will be reported back to the Project Commissioning Manager.
• Act as the focal point for risk management for the commissioning team, maintaining risk trackers and developing action plans as appropriate
• Competent in communicating in English language both verbally and written
• Competent in Commissioning of Hydrocarbon Processing Plant
• Ability to interact with discipline Mechanical, Electrical, Instrument Engineers
• Understanding of Commissioning and Completion processes
• Understanding of Control of Work and HSSE processes.
• A decisive and pro-active team player with good communication skills.
• Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Powerpoint
• Minimum Recognised Engineering Degree Qualification,
(HNC/HND may be considered with appropriate experience)
• Desired Chartered Engineer
• Demonstrable HSSE Leadership and personal commitment to Safety
• Awareness of client or similar safety management systems.
• Track record of experience in similar oil and gas / petrochemical / power generation related international projects, in a similar role leading to development of the following skill sets:
• Commissioning, start-up and operations functions
• Commissioning and handover procedures
• Site Integrity Management (IM) standards and the application of IM to commissioning.
• Control of Work processes during execution
• Ability to work with interdisciplinary teams and communicate with discipline engineers
• Ability to develop procedures, practices and strategies from first principles
• Previous experience of Project start ups